We've declared a Climate Emergency.
Global warming is happening at an unprecedented rate. It's threatening our very existence. And so with Tourism Declares, and over a hundred travel organisations, companies and professionals, we're saying it's time to act.
We rely on the health of our planet, our oceans and our wildlife. Global warming is happening at an unprecedented rate. And is threatening our very existence.
There is a very short window to start making drastic changes and bring us in line with the IPCC’s (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) 2030 targets. Simply put, to prevent the planet exceeding 1.5 degrees of warming, by 2030 we must cut global carbon emissions to at least 55% below 2017 levels.
At ecollective, we’ve made the easy and obvious decision to declare a climate emergency. Because everyone can, and should, make a difference.
We want to make sure we are part of the solution, not the problem. And we have committed to the following plan:
1. Measure - Each year we will measure the carbon emissions of our business operations.
2. Improve - By analysing our carbon emissions and using the latest innovations, we will reduce our footprint year on year. No ifs, no buts - we are doing this.
3. Targets - Each year we will set our CO2 emissions targets based on the previous year’s results. We will also set targets for our projects to make sure that year on year, what we offer to businesses is being delivered in actual change.
4. Transparency - We will make our methodology and results available to anyone who wants them. Just email email@example.com.
5. Advocate for change - We will campaign for change and strive to make it easier for businesses to reduce their carbon footprint.
What it means to us
We want to practise what we preach. As a consultancy, measuring and reducing our carbon footprint is admittedly easier than for many of the businesses we work with. However, we see this as even more of a reason to take action. And we will change what we can.
What our targets look like
Each year, we will set our team two targets. Firstly, we’ll set a target for our own business operations to make sure year-on-year we’re reducing our carbon footprint. Secondly, we’ll measure the impact of our work with other businesses each year and aim to increase the size of our influence.
Measuring carbon emissions can be complicated. Standards and best practice often change, but we are always open to feedback. If we’re doing something wrong or could be doing it better, we want to know.
“Tackling the climate crisis is in our DNA!”
Want help to reduce your carbon emissions?
We started ecollective because we couldn’t find any commercially viable or simple solutions for businesses to reduce their emissions. We make calculating carbon emissions easy. We apply our know-how in a profitable way that benefits your customers, your business and the planet.